Featured Events and Announcements
This page was last updated on January 30, 2015.
Sundays and Beyond with information about the ministries and activities at Saint Mark's.
A weekly publication which announces events, new ministry opportunities, classes and more, and occasionally includes a reflection from a member of the clergy.
Sundays and Beyond also contains our prayer list.
- Quick list! Scroll down or click on the link to learn more about these events.
- Sunday Morning Forum Schedule
- Cathedral Yoga Sundays
- Holy Land Pilgrimage January 2016
- Wednesday Wonderings - Spirituality Take Five January 14 - February 11
- Mideast Focus Ministry Film Series II: Choices in an Occupied Land January 18 - March 4
- Byrd Ensemble Concert: In Memoriam: Hallock & Tavener Saturday, January 31
- Newcomers Coffee with Clergy Sunday, February 1
- Mission to Seafarers -- Be a Part of It Sunday, February 15
- Walter Brueggemann - co-sponsored with The Well at Queen Anne UMC Friday - Saturday, March 13-14, 2015
Sunday,January 18, 10:10 am: introduction with short film
Wednesday, January 28 - March 4, 7 pm
This year's Mideast Focus Ministry Film Series focuses on choices that Israelis and Palestinians make at personal, family and community levels as they endure the struggle in the Holy Land. Join us for a series introduction on Sunday morning, followed by the Wednesday evening film series. Admission is free; all are welcome.
- Sunday, January 18: From the Sky
- Wednesday, January 28: With God on our Side
- Wednesday, February 4: Private
- Wednesday, February 11: 5 Broken Cameras
- Wednesday, February 18: No film on Ash Wednesday.
- Wednesday, February 25: The Other Son
- Wednesday, March 4: Israel v. Israel
Saturday, January 31, 7:30 pm
In memory of musical icons Peter Hallock and John Tavener, this program features their best choral works. It also features music by Compline Choir alumni Kevin Siegfried and Jeff Junkinsmith, and a world-premiere piece by British composer Ivan Moody. The Byrd Ensemble is a Saint Mark's Artists-in-Residence.
General Admission: $20, Seniors (65+): $15, Students: $10
Saint Mark's parishioners receive 50% discount off reserved tickets. Discount code: STMARKSSEATTLE
Tickets and other information available at the Byrd Ensemble website.
Sunday, February 1, 12:30 pm
Leffler Fireside Room (2d floor of Leffler House, over the Cathedral Shop)
Every month we host a conversation with newcomers after church to help us get to know each other, share our stories, and introduce newcomers to Saint Mark’s and the Episcopal Church. Contact Deacon Earl Grout, email@example.com or 206.518.2833 for more information.
Sunday, February 15, after the 9 am and 11 am services
Cathedral 210 (Conference Room)
For over 160 years, the Anglican Mission to Seafarers has provided practical and spiritual support and companionship to merchant sailors around the world. This ministry continues in the Episcopal Church and the Diocese of Olympia. Be a part of a Saint Mark's team to support sailors whose ships call at Puget Sound ports. Serve with friends and make new ones. Learn more on Feb 15 after the 9 and 11 AM services in Cathedral 210 (Conference Room). For more information, contact Deacon Earl Grout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond Pharoah (lecture)
Friday, March 13, 2015, 7 - 8:30 pm
The Well (1606 - 5th Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119)
Sabbath: The Rhythm of Creation and Sabbath: The Miracle of Neighborhood (two workshops)
Saturday, March 14, 2015, 9 am - 12noon
The Well at Queen Anne UMC and Saint Mark's Episcopal Cathedral present one of the most influential Old Testament Scholars of our time and author of over one hundred books and numerous scholarly articles.
He will be speaking primarily from his work on Sabbath and justice as found in his book Sabbath as Resistance: Saying No to the Culture of Now. Book available for sale at the Cathedral Shop (206.323.1040).
Tickets available separate or combined. Friday only: $21.69; Saturday only: $26.87; Combined: $37.22 (prices include service fees).
Tickets and other information available at brueggemann.bpt.me