Featured Events and Announcements
This page was last updated on October 24, 2014.
Saint Mark's hosts a variety of programs and events.
Sundays and Beyond with information about the ministries and activities at Saint Mark's.
A weekly publication which announces events, new ministry opportunities, classes and more, and occasionally includes a reflection from a member of the clergy.
Sundays and Beyond also contains our prayer list.
- Quick list! Scroll down or click on the link to learn more about these events.
- Sunday Morning Forum Schedule
- Prayer and Silence Thursdays at noon
- Cathedral Yoga Sundays
- Holy Land Pilgrimage January 2016
- Of the Spirit First Annual Visual Artists Ministry and Sale through November 24
- Parents Night Out
- Parents Night In
- Kitchen Garden Work Party Saturday, October 25
- Rich Weyls to be Received as Episcopal Priest Tuesday, October 28
- Arts at Saint Mark's presents: A Flentrop Organ concert with Malcolm Matthews, Friday, November 7
- Young Adult Lunch Group Sunday, November 9
- Flute Recital with Brian Fairbanks Sunday, November 9
- Theology on Tap Thursday, November 13
- Faith Action Network (FAN) Annual Dinner: Acting on the Dream: The Movement Continues Sunday, November 16
- Fall JYC (Junior-High Youth Conference) Friday- Sunday, November 21-23
- Special Thanksgiving Day Eucharist Thursday, November 27
- Save-the-date: Greening of the Nave for Christmas Wednesday, December 17
- Walter Brueggemann - co-sponsored with The Well at Queen Anne UMC Friday - Saturday, March 13-14, 2015
Friday, October 24, 7:30 pm
Roy St. Coffee & Tea (700 Broadway East)
We will gather around good food and drink to discuss parenting and faith as we make plans for the fall. We'll meet just up the street at Roy St. Coffee and Tea - leaving time for your dinner date before coffee with friends!
A companion offering to Parents' Night Out! Need childcare? Click here to register for "Parents Night out"- childcare offered by donation in our childcare center by our trained childcare workers.
Saturday, October 25, 10 am - 1 pm
Kitchen garden near Bloedel Kitchen
In thanksgiving for Brian Sellers-Petersen’s vision for and hours spent working our Kitchen Garden, come and be his hands in putting the garden to rest for the winter months. If you can bring tools, that would be helpful. Coffee and snacks available. Wear sturdy, sensible shoes, bring gloves if you have them, and dress to get dirty. Kids welcome!
Contact: Claire West email@example.com
Tuesday, October 28, 7 pm
God willing and the people consenting, Bishop Greg Rickel will receive the Rev. Rich Weyls’ orders to become a priest in the Episcopal Church. Rich has been an affiliated liturgical minister at Saint Mark’s over the last few months while he discerned his journey into the Episcopal Church. (He was ordained a Roman Catholic priest in 1993.) Read more about Rich here. We invite everyone to join Rich and his family on this special occasion.
Friday, November 7, 7:30 pm
Malcolm Matthews, 2014 winner of the Westfield Center for Keyboard Studies organ competition for young organists.
Suggested donation $18/$12. Advance passes available at the Cathedral Shop 206.323.1040.
Sunday, November 9, 2 pm
Saint Mark's Music Associate Brian Fairbanks, flute, and Kristine Anderson, piano.
$10 suggested donation. Advance passes available at the Cathedral Shop (206.323.1040).
Thursday, November 27, 10 am
This is a feast day of the church, and what better way to give thanks for the blessings of our lives than to join together in worship. Put the turkey in the oven before bringing your family to your cathedral, then continue with the family feast, football, or whatever traditions you enjoy on this special day.
Wednesday, December 17
We know it’s a ways off, but we all get busy and we want you to get it on the calendar now! Please join in this Saint Mark’s tradition and help decorate the cathedral for Christmas. Greens, ribbons, wreaths, garlands, cookies, music, children’s activities and a pot-luck supper make this a delightful evening for all ages.
Beyond Pharoah (lecture)
Friday, March 13, 2015, 7 - 8:30 pm
The Well (1606 - 5th Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119)
Sabbath: The Rhythm of Creation and Sabbath: The Miracle of Neighborhood (two workshops)
Saturday, March 14, 2015, 9 am - 12noon
The Well at Queen Anne UMC and Saint Mark's Episcopal Cathedral present one of the most influential Old Testament Scholars of our time and author of over one hundred books and numerous scholarly articles.
He will be speaking primarily from his work on Sabbath and justice as found in his book Sabbath as Resistance: Saying No to the Culture of Now. Book available for sale at the Cathedral Shop (206.323.1040).
Tickets available separate or combined. Friday only: $21.69; Saturday only: $26.87; Combined: $37.22 (prices include service fees).
Tickets and other information available at brueggemann.bpt.me