Featured Events and Announcements
This page was last updated on November 21, 2014.
Sundays and Beyond with information about the ministries and activities at Saint Mark's.
A weekly publication which announces events, new ministry opportunities, classes and more, and occasionally includes a reflection from a member of the clergy.
Sundays and Beyond also contains our prayer list.
- Quick list! Scroll down or click on the link to learn more about these events.
- Sunday Morning Forum Schedule
- Advent and Christmas: Services, Concerts, and Resources
- Prayer and Silence Thursdays at noon
- Cathedral Yoga Sundays
- Holy Land Pilgrimage January 2016
- Of the Spirit First Annual Visual Artists Ministry and Sale through November 24
- Parents Night Out
- Fall JYC (Junior-High Youth Conference) Friday- Sunday, November 21-23
- Soup Team Cooks for Noel House Friday, November 21
- Welcome Rite for Newcomers Sunday, November 23
- Special Thanksgiving Day Eucharist Thursday, November 27
- Family Potluck Sunday, November 30
- O Antiphons Service of Lessons and Carols Sunday, November 30
- Greening of the Nave for Christmas Wednesday, December 17
- Celebrating the Ministry of Canon Mel Butler: A Melebration! Tuesday, December 30
- Walter Brueggemann - co-sponsored with The Well at Queen Anne UMC Friday - Saturday, March 13-14, 2015
Friday, November 21, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Leffler Board Room
We offer a bowl of soup as hospitality to the homeless women of Noel House who sleep here 5 nights a week. We welcome help to clean, chop, and cook the ingredients for our soups. (Aprons and knives are helpful- but you do not have to bring your own tools.)
Sunday, November 23, 9 am, 10 am, 11 am services
Thomsen Chapel and Cathedral Nave
On Christ the King Sunday, November 23 at all morning liturgies, we will celebrate a rite of welcome for all “new members.” If you consider yourself new and would like to make a public affirmation of your commitment to this community and accept the community’s welcome, you are invited to participate. We’d like to know ahead of time who we are expecting. Please contact Becky: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.323.0300, 259 by Wednesday, Nov. 19.
Thursday, November 27, 10 am
This is a feast day of the church, and what better way to give thanks for the blessings of our lives than to join together in worship. Put the turkey in the oven before bringing your family to your cathedral, then continue with the family feast, football, or whatever traditions you enjoy on this special day.
Sunday, November 30, 5 pm
Families of all shapes and sizes are invited to this potluck before the O Antiphons service.
Sunday, November 30, 7 pm
A special advent liturgy composed by the late Peter Hallock and sung by the Saint Mark’s Cathedral Choir, Boys and Girls Choir, and the Compline Choir. Incense will be used.
Wednesday, December 17
We know it’s a ways off, but we all get busy and we want you to get it on the calendar now! Please join in this Saint Mark’s tradition and help decorate the cathedral for Christmas. Greens, ribbons, wreaths, garlands, cookies, music, children’s activities and a pot-luck supper make this a delightful evening for all ages.
Beyond Pharoah (lecture)
Friday, March 13, 2015, 7 - 8:30 pm
The Well (1606 - 5th Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119)
Sabbath: The Rhythm of Creation and Sabbath: The Miracle of Neighborhood (two workshops)
Saturday, March 14, 2015, 9 am - 12noon
The Well at Queen Anne UMC and Saint Mark's Episcopal Cathedral present one of the most influential Old Testament Scholars of our time and author of over one hundred books and numerous scholarly articles.
He will be speaking primarily from his work on Sabbath and justice as found in his book Sabbath as Resistance: Saying No to the Culture of Now. Book available for sale at the Cathedral Shop (206.323.1040).
Tickets available separate or combined. Friday only: $21.69; Saturday only: $26.87; Combined: $37.22 (prices include service fees).
Tickets and other information available at brueggemann.bpt.me